German Language Courses for Exchange Students (ERASMUS/Faculty Partnerships)
The Language Teaching Centre (SLI) of Freiburg University offers language courses (grammar/speaking/ writing and regional studies) which are free of charge for students participating in one of the exchange programmes mentioned above.
You can find a course overview here.
Exchange student of one of the following programmes: ERASMUS/Sokrates, Faculty Partnerships
- Level A2 or above (CEF)
- Online registration opens four weeks before classes start (max. 30 people per class)
- Attendance is obligatory in the first two sessions
- Regular attendance
- Grammar/speaking/writing courses: placement test in the first session
- Regional Studies Classes: Language level B2 or above
- You can register online (RESERVIX Link in the respective course description)
- You do not need a login or your matriculation number in order to register (leave the form field: "Nur für registrierte Benutzer" empty)
- After registration you will be able to print out a confirmation of your registration
- You should receive a confirmation by e-mail (Reservix). Please enter a correct e-mail address.
- Students with a German level below A2 are not allowed to participate in these classes. Alternatives may
be the SLI evening courses or the International Language Courses (both subject to charge).
- A placement test will be held in the first session of the grammar/speaking/writing courses.
Criteria for a Certificate
- Regular attendance
- You did not miss more than two classes in the summer term or more than three classes in the winter term.
- If you need a mark for a class, you have to fulfil all the requirements (e.g. oral presentation, written exam
A maximum of 4 ECTS credits will be awarded for a class with two hours per week (two SWS).
- Certificate of attendance: regular attendance, max. 2 ECTS credits
- Marked certificate: regular attendance + other course requirements, max. 4 ECTS credits
Alternative Options when below Level A2
- SLI courses which are subject to charge → evening courses
- International Language Courses in March, August and September